Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mint Julip

I started this piece a very long time ago and ran out of a bead which was discontinued.  (Go figure!)  For months I searched stores, websites and asked strangers on the street that even looked like they might be into beading if they had just 6 little 3mm beads!  I stuck the necklace in a drawer and pretty much forgot about it.  Then I saw an add in the paper that a bead store was going out of business and selling off their stock.  Of course, I had to go check it out.  Not even thinking about the necklace and my need for the beads, I paraded around the  store trying to figure out what I needed and in the bottom of a basket I FOUND my finish beads!  I could hardly contain myself.  I almost felt guilty for not buying all the inventory for the shop owner since she had saved me from tearing out my necklace to recycle or make adjustments on it. In  the end everything all turned out fine.  I named the piece "Mint Julip" and was hoping to have it ready in time for the Kentucky Derby, but that came and went by the time I finished it.  But I still have visions of being dressed up and watching that "long shot" come racing past the finish line and sipping on a "Mint Julip."  http://lrcoastalart.com/?p=217

No comments:

Post a Comment